Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
What’s life without a good chocolate chip cookie? Especially one that comes fresh out of the oven… cue the heart eyes and mouth watering face. Anyway since I have been little chocolate chip cookies are the one thing that has been my absolute favorite. The secret to these delicious cookies is something very simple yet, makes a difference. Usually, chocolate chip cookie recipes call for normal table salt, but in this recipe, I use sea salt. The difference is subtle but you get a bit more of that sweet and salty mix that will surely make your taste buds do a happy dance. In this recipe, I have also included the double batch which is what I usually make when I make mine. With the double batch, you should get about 20 large cookies.
You are going to start all of the necessary prep work before you begin making your cookies. You will start by taking out ingredients, measuring cups/measuring spoons (1 cup, 1/4 cup, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon), cookie sheet(s), and one-two prep bowls (one if you will be using a stand mixer, two bowls if you will not be).
before starting with any of the food you will need to…
1. preheat your oven to 350° F.
Once you have set your oven next we will begin working with the ingredients.
2.In a separate bowl, which will become your ‘dry ingredients bowl’ you will need to mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Put this bowl to the side until later on when you will be needing it to mix into the ‘wet ingredients’
3. In a stand mixer or your ‘wet ingredients bowl,’ you will need to beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together. TIP: if your take the butter out of the fridge or freezer, place it in the microwave at 1/2 power (defrost) for 15 seconds. Check your butter to see if it is now softened. If the butter is still hard, place it in the microwave for another 15 seconds at 1/2 power. Make sure that you do not melt your butter in the microwave
4. Once you have completed step 3, add eggs; and beat well making sure ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
5. Slowly add in dry ingredients to your wet ingredients making sure you incorporate all of the ingredients together. If you are using a Kitchen-Aid mixer I like to put it on the first or second setting as I slowly dump in the ingredients.
6. Once the wet and dry ingredients have been incorporated add in the chocolate chips, this can be done with a spoon or on a slow mixer setting (I like to use the speed 1 or 2 on my kitchen aid mixer). Make sure you do not over mix your cookie dough.
7. Once everything is mixed in I like to take a medium- Pampered Chef scoop (about 2 Tablespoons) to scoop out the cookie dough onto my cookie sheets.
8. Place your cookie sheet in the oven and bake 8-10 minutes.
9. Optional– once you take the cookies out of the oven take a pinch of the sea salt and sprinkle over the cookies for an even more sweet and salty taste.
While making these cookies I experimented with the pan I used a little bit. For the first batch, I used a Pampered Chef stoneware cookie sheet. This made my cookies very thin with a crunchy outside. If you like your cookies thin than I suggest trying a stoneware pan out. The other pan I used was a regular nonstick baking sheet I believe that I bought it at Walmart. This made my cookies thicker. When I make my cookies I usually tend to like them thicker, but it’s all what you prefer.
This recipe is pretty simple and gives you mouthwatering cookies that everyone in your house will surely enjoy! Make sure you grab one once they had a couple minutes to cool because once everyone hears you made fresh chocolate chip cookies they will surely disappear in minutes. I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you have any comments, tips, or anything else you would like to share, please comment.
Ingredient list— Single batch
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter–do not melt
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredient list— Double batch
4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups (4 sticks) softened butter
1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups cholate chips